Island City Real Estate, Island City Homes for Sale
The Grande Ronde River at one time flowed through the city in several channels and meandered its way to the base of Mt Fanny and then flowed north through Elgin. Island City got its name because of an island that was about eight miles long and a mile to mile and half wide between the Grande Ronde River. The town was established in 1872 as a business center dedicated to the production of flour. The course of the river was redirected and eliminating the island. Island city is home to the La Grande Country Club, a 9 hole course. Island City is also home to large box stores and commercial activity. Island City is an expanding city with the addition of commercial enterprises and one of the areas newest sub-division.